Intellectual Output 2
Training resources and online training platform for the improvement of instructional practices in adult education
According to the results of the partnership’s preliminary needs assessment of the needs, educators across the EU feel relatively prepared for the subject they are teaching. Nonetheless, they declared the CPD needs for innovative and effective teaching methods. With the exception of ICT teaching skills, which have now received much attention, there are shortcomings in the following:
- to approaches for more effective and individualized learning,
- to application of new technologies in teaching,
- to approaches on developing students’ and trainers’ transversal skills,
- to teaching in a multicultural or multilingual environment.
These areas constitute an important element of effective instructional practice and focusing some amount of CPD to them can lead to increasing quality of training in the adult learning sector.
The Intellectual Output 2 involves the development of training resources in several specific transversal areas related to instructional practice. These resources are suitable for both self-study and use in CPD programs in Adult learning. In more detail, the resources are structured in 8 educational modules with practical orientation in the following areas:
- Training through the flipped classroom approach
- Project-based learning
- Techniques for stimulating the logical thinking, imagination and memory of adult learners, including visual tools and special memorizing techniques
- Effective techniques for communication and work with parents and family members of adult learners
- Applying creativity techniques in adult education
- Using interactive (online and digital) resources, e-learning tools and social media in adult education; ICT-based tutoring services, pedagogies and practices
- Monitoring adult learners’ performance
- Culturally responsive teaching techniques
All 8 modules are now available on the IPAL training platform in 6 languages (English, Spanish, Italian, German, Bulgarian and Greek). Each module contains practical activities, ready to be used by adult educators.
In the IPAL portal, you will also find a methodological guide for CPD activities and interesting resources.
Visit our training platform and take the IPAL modules to enhance your knowledge and skills in new learning approaches!